Happy Monday! Well, it’s happy for me because unlike most people I have Mondays off. Na na na poo poo.
I’ve decided to start my week with being amazing in the kitchen. And then sharing the amazeballs that is my cooking with you fiiine readers. First, however, I have compiled a short list of fantastic things, ridiculous things, and all in all things that make you go Mmmm.
1. Well, for all you ladies (eh, gentlemen too) that love a lil half naked muscley man show, hear me when I say AMEN to one of my favorite perks of returning to my Crossfit gym. “Oh no it’s so hot in here. You guys should probably all take your shirts off now.” 🙂 Preferably not while I’m mid-lift so I don’t face smash the bar, or better yet, the floor. I need zero help in getting hurt.
2. Dark Chocolate. My newest love is a brand called TCHO out of San Fran. A good friend of mine has upped himself to my top five with his latest gift of TWO 3lb bags of this snazzy stuff, one of cacao nibs and the other dark chocolate drenched cacao nibs. Shit’s delicious!! AND nutritious. Get. Out.
3. Tea tree oil. WARNING: Do NOT get this in your eyes. They’re liking to combust, or melt, or at least feel like they’re doing both simultaneously. Anyway, as it turns out, it’s fantastic for your skin! And for those of you who have skin like mine, ya know, the kind that’s under the impression that it is STILL going through puberty, you’ll thank me. I use it with jojoba oil; 2 parts Jojoba to 1 part Tea tree = bam shazam clean face sans chemicals and nastiness.
4. Nice people: As it turns out, there’s a WHOLE BUNCH of you nicey-pants out there!! (Thank goodness we outweigh those assnecks). I have had the pleasure of having people come into my life that are really just inspirational, positive, and kind. Most of them are also hilarious, and let’s be serious, this is why I love them the most.
5. Assnecks. This is more of an effyouforbeingmean than a Mmmm. Honestly though, I’ll never understand people who go out of their way to be rude, critical, or judgmental of others. I’m also not a fan of those who only care about themselves. YousuckloveErin.
6. Peanut butter. I miss you and will continue to miss you everyday until this damn Paleo Challenge is over. DAMN YOU peanuts for being a legume. What’s a leguuume? Haha crossfitters who love that video will laugh at that. Everyone else will think I actually don’t know what a damn legume is.
7. EGGSSSSS I love youuu from my head. Allll the way down to my legs. And damn, that’s a lot given that you have to pass that badonk to get to the legs. You can be fried, scrambled, poached, baked, naked, dressed with veggies n stuff, it ain’t no thang, no matter what, you are incredibabble.
8. Farmers markets. I will miss youuuu as the fresh veggie season is quickly coming to a halt. Til next market season, it’s important to keep those veggies stocked in the kitchen!! Even if they’re from the supermarket rather than the farmers market.
9. Eating Clean!! (most of the time) I know I’m the cupcake queen, but I also know that I feel my BEST when I’m eating clean, training mean, and being my very best self. Find that balance friends! And be GOOD to yourself. Treat yourself with your favorites, but make some new favorites too!
10. MY RECIPES!!!! You know they make you go Mmmm!!!
On that note, let’s take a look at that delicious breakfast scramble I cooked up.
For me, staying prepared is the best way to stay focused on my goals and eating well. I eat my emotions: read happy, sad, stressed, anxious, etc. Haha so I need to make sure my kitchen is packed with wholesome goodness!! AND that goodness also happens to need to be Packed and ready to go! Lazy bones.
Here’s what you’ll need for this quick grab n go breakfast. When you’re all done you can feed a family, or cut it up in servings n package them up, ready to heat n eat!!
Gather your goodies:
1/2 C red onion, chopped
1/2 red pepper, or green. Hell, add both! And chop em up!
2 cloves of garlic, minced.
1 C sweet potato, chopped to bite-size pieces
1 C your favorite sausage; I chose some farm fresh breakfast sausage from a local farm
1 Dozen eggs, scrambled.
Fresh herbs. I love fresh parsley, basil, cilantro.
Now that you’re prepped, let’s get cookin!
Heat your oven to 425. Coat your pan of choice (preferably cast iron) with coconut oil, add your sausage!! Be sure to turn them a couple times til pretty much cooked through. Once they’re done, put the sausage in a side dish and add your potatoes to the yummy goodness that has started in that sausage pan!! Sprinkle with sea salt, black pepper, crushed red pepper, and a pinch of cinnamon. Roast them! Flip them after about 15 minutes, and stir again after 10 min. They won’t take long because they’re small.
On your stovetop, heat coconut oil in a pan, add onion and cook til translucent. Add your garlic, being sure to toss and keep at a medium to low heat as not to burn the garlic. Add peppers and whatever over veggies you wish! Add all veggies to the pan in your oven, then your eggs and fresh herbs!
Bake for 30 min depending on the size of your pan. Stick a fork in it to check for runny eggs and if it’s clean and no eggy goodness pours out, take that sucker out and grub!! Mmmmm!!
Feel free to leave suggestions or questions 🙂